Well, I am happy to say that I had my second highest month ever – so that is encouraging. I have been recording my online income for 6 months now with my highest month being over $1,500. But before we get to the numbers for this month, I wanted to let you know what is happening in my neck of the woods.
We’re Having our Second Baby
My wife is due with our second kid at the end of January, it’s a girl! Our first child – Finn – was born in January one and a half years ago. He’s a great kid with lots of energy and now it looks like he will have a baby sister to play with this coming January. So excited about that!
I’m Speaking at FinCon
Every year, personal finance experts gather to share their knowledge with other like-minded people. This year, for some reason, they’re counting me as one of those experts and I’ll be speaking on how to get on the first page of Google. If you’re interested in personal finance then you definitely should check out FinCon.
This year FinCon will be held in San Diego, California, and having attended FinCon conferences the last several years, I can attest that they’re well worth the time and money spent. The things that I have learned about entrepreneurship, blogging and money management have had a significant impact on my life.
Keynote speakers at FinCon for this year include Clark Howard, Kim Garst and Noah Kagan, and there’s dozens of other money experts in the lineup, so don’t miss it. It is my favorite conference every year!
Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing
I decided to sign up for a course that my friend Michelle from Making Sense of Cents created called, Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing. I’ve learned more in this course than I have from the 6 years that I have been blogging, and I’m already seeing jumps in affiliate income from implementing what I have learned.
Michelle makes over $50,000 a month in affiliate income at her blog, so I knew it was worth the money to get the course. If you’re interested in learning how to make some serious money online, click here to check out Michelle’s course.
Previous Months’ Blog Income Numbers
- February 2016 – $940.41 (First month of reporting my online income)
- March 2016 – $1,175.48
- April 2016 – $1,533.50 (Best month yet! Partly because I had a huge increase in Pinterest traffic)
- May 2016 – $937.58
- June 2016 – $869.97 (Major reduction in traffic from Pinterest)
It has been awesome to see the online income hover around $1,000 consistently for the past 6 months. That being said, here is how I did income wise for the month of July and the breakdown of where my earnings came from.
July Blog Income Report
- Media.net: $7.23 – I removed these ads from Well Kept Wallet as I did not like the experience of they provided when viewing the site on a cell phone. There was a pop up that I would inevitably click and it was really frustrating. Your welcome WKW readers 🙂
- Adsense: $92.87
- Ebates: $0 (I have 15 people signed up and not one has bought anything yet. If that is you make sure to buy something so that you the get cash back and a $10 gift card! Click here to sign up for Ebates for FREE)
- Grasshopper: $0 – I normally make $100 to $200 per month with this affiliate, but didnt have any conversions this month. Grasshopper is a cheap way to have an 800 number and is great for entrepreneurs who want to have a national presence.
- Amazon: $0 – 🙁
- YouTube (Well Kept Wallet Channel): $5.59 – I published a new video about how you can remove a ring from a swollen finger because my grandma was going to pay to have her ring cut off and I thought that was silly. It has 100 views so far.
- YouTube (SEO Channel): $5.73
- Credit Karma: $.50 – This is truly passive income from a review about credit karma written a while back.
- Credit Sesame: $15.20 – I sent out an email blast telling people about how they can get their credit score and check their credit for free with Credit Sesame.
- Lending Club: $12 – I have a post about how people can make money and how Lending Club allows you to invest money and get a higher interest rate than traditional investing solutions.
- My courses: $82 (How to Save $250/month Mini Course & Debt Free in 18 Months)
- Other site income: $510 – I own two other websites that make money through various advertising sources.
- Freelance Writing: $575 – I write for various Personal Finance sites and get paid per article.
- Opinion Outpost: $24.75 – This is great because people can start making money today by filling out surveys online. Check out Opinion Outpost here.
As I mention previously, July turned out to be my second highest income month yet, and I’m expecting August to be even higher as I continue to use the tips I learn about affiliate marketing in Michelle’s course to increase my online income.
Start Making Your Own Money Online
Making money online is a real and valid avenue of income for those with an entrepreneurial dream. It starts with starting your own blog. Right now you can start a blog for as little as $3.49 with Bluehost by clicking on my affiliate link here. Also, if you’re interested in being guided through the process, check out my tutorial on How to Start a Blog in Less Than Ten Minutes.
It was because I started Well Kept Wallet that I was able to quit my day job and start working for myself full time. Blogging led me into other entrepreneurial opportunities that help me to make a good income with my own business ventures instead of working for someone else.
Do you make money online? If not, have you considered creating your own blog to make some extra income?