This month is the second time I made over $3,000 online which is amazing. I have been blogging for almost 7 years now and it is great to see that I am actually starting to make a decent income from it. Keep in mind, this is not my primary source of income but it is a great side hustle to help us pay down our mortgage even faster.
What happened this month
Since I had success doing a Cyber Monday and a Black Friday sale last month, I decided to do a Christmas sale as well for my course Debt Free in 18 Months. The course normally goes for $97 but the sale price this time around was $24. I did not sell as many as the previous two sales, but that is OK as it was Christmas time and I am sure people were more focused on buying gifts for others and not so much for themselves.
I started doing Facebook ads
Inspired by Kyle Taylor from the Penny Hoarder, I decided to hire someone to help me with Facebook Ads. Kyle has been able to amass over 4 million Facebook fans and millions of dollars in revenue each year because he has learned to master this medium. I have a lot to learn, but I hired Monica Louie who is teaching me and she is awesome to work with. We have begun testing different ad sets and we have been successful at getting the cost per click (CPC) to as low as 3 cents. The goal is to be able to stay at this level so that I can make a return on my investment.
Update on my book
Earlier this year I was hired by a publisher to write a book about How To Retire Early. I have submitted 4 chapters to the publisher and have outlined the fifth chapter, so everything seems to be on track. The book is projected to be ten chapters and it needs to have at least 65,000 words, so it is definitely a big undertaking. However, I feel confident from the progress so far that I will have no problem hitting my deadline of mid-march in 2017.
That being said, here are the details from my online revenue from last month.
December Income Breakdown
- Adsense: $154.54
- Ebates: $ ($0 – I have over 100 people signed up that have not bought anything yet. If that is you, make sure to buy something so that you the get cash back and a $10 gift card! Click here to sign up for Ebates for FREE)
- Amazon: $30.19 – This is my best month yet on Amazon, however, it is not as high as I would like it to be.
- YouTube (Well Kept Wallet Channel): $8.51
- YouTube (SEO Channel): $7.05
- Credit Sesame: $60 – A FREE way to get your credit score and check your credit report to make sure that it is in good order.
- Lending Club: $24 – I have a post about how people can make money and how Lending Club allows you to invest money and get a higher interest rate than traditional investing solutions.
- Other Sites: $750
- My courses: $312 – How to Save $250/month Mini Course & Debt Free in 18 Months
- SoFi: $800 – A great way to refinance student loans to under 3% and credit card debt to as low as 6%.
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing: $0 – A great course for learning how to make money online. Implementing what I learned from this course has been instrumental in growing my online income.
- Freelance Writing: $375 – I write for various personal finance sites and get paid per article.
- TradeKing: $90 – A great site to buy stocks for $4.95 per trade which is half the cost of most companies.
- Surveys: $132.50 – This is great because people can start making money today by filling out surveys online. Here are the three that I like: Opinion Outpost, Digital Voice, and Harris Poll. If you want to be an affiliate of Offer Juice which gives you access to be an affiliate of these survey companies, click here.
- MyFinance: $341.29 – This is a recommended ad that goes at the bottom of each post and is only personal finance content. If you are interested in signing up with them, let me know and I will introduce you directly to them.
- MediaVine: $974.93 – This is my new ad network which replaced Adsense on WKW. So far this had paid 3 – 4 times better than Adsense.
- Fundrise: $350 – This is a way to get started in real estate investing for as little as $1,000 through real estate crowdfunding.
Interested in Making Money Online?
The first step you need to take is to create your own website. The best part is that it is super affordable. You can get one going today for as little as $3.95 a month by clicking on this special offer here.
To help make the process even easier, I created a tutorial on how to start a blog (website) in less than ten minutes which will show you everything that you need to do in order to get your site up and running.
It was just over three years ago that I was able to quit my day job because I had a blog on the side. If you’re interested in making some extra money online with very little start-up costs, why not start a blog today and get the ball rolling?
Did you make any extra income on the side last month? If so, please share what you did in the comments below!