Well, this is a great way to start off a new year. Not only did we have another record month of online income, but we had a baby girl!
Introducing Avery Rae Hayes
Avery was born on January 14th, 2017. She was 9lbs 1oz and was 22 inches long. Needless to say, she will probably be tall 🙂
We introduced our son Finn to her and he offered her some goldfish crackers, so this helped it be a good transition from one to two kids.
If you have been following these income reports, you know I have been hired by a publisher to write a book: How to Retire Early. I am almost done with chapter 5 which is about the role of debt and will be starting on Chapter 6 next week. The entire manuscript is due March 15th, so it is crunch time.
Without further ado, here are last month’s numbers.
January Online Income
Here is a detailed breakdown of where my online income came from last month.
Affiliate earnings: $3087.50
- Ebates: $85 – I have over 100 people signed up that have not bought anything yet. If that is you, make sure to buy something so that you the get cash back and a $10 gift card! Click here to sign up for Ebates for FREE
- Bluehost: $65 – This is an inexpensive way to host a website when getting started. Click here to start a blog for only a few dollars per month.
- Amazon: $58.07 – This is my best month yet on Amazon, however, it is not as high as I would like it to be.
- Grasshopper: $300.00 – A cheap way for entrepreneurs to have an 800 number for a national presence)
- eVoice: $35 – Another option for an 800 number
- Sling TV: $60 – A great alternative to cable TV that is only $20 per month and has ESPN, Disney Channel, Travel channel and more!
- Credit Sesame: $180 – A FREE way to get your credit score and check your credit report to make sure that it is in good order.
- Care: $3 – A site where you can find pet sitting and babysitting jobs to make extra money.
- Lending Club: $36 – I have a post about how people can make money and how Lending Club allows you to invest money and get a higher interest rate than traditional investing solutions.
- SoFi: $1,200 – A great way to refinance student loans to under 3% and credit card debt to as low as 6%.
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing: $0 – A great course for learning how to make money online. Implementing what I learned from this course has been instrumental in growing my online income.
- TradeKing: $45 – A great site to buy stocks for $4.95 per trade which is half the cost of most companies.
- Surveys: $396.40 – This is great because people can start making money today by filling out surveys online. Here are the two that I like: Opinion Outpost and Harris Poll. If you want to be an affiliate of Offer Juice which gives you access to be an affiliate of these survey companies, click here.
- Coupons.com: $10.88 – A place to get coupons for everyday items that you shop for at the grocery store.
- Policy Genius: $75 – A website that lets you compare different term life insurance providers so that you can get the best deal for your situation.
- Fandango: $.20 – A site to buy movie tickets.
- Fundrise: $500 – This is a way to get started in real estate investing for as little as $1,000 through real estate crowdfunding.
- Book scouter: $37.50 – This site is cool because it is a place to sell textbooks and they will provide you with a free shipping label.
Ad networks: $2044.04
- Adsense: $149.37
- MyFinance: $564.39 – This is a recommended ad that goes at the bottom of each post and is only personal finance content. If you are interested in signing up with them, let me know and I will introduce you directly to them.
- MediaVine: $1330.28 – This is my new ad network which replaced Adsense on WKW. So far this had paid 3 – 4 times better than Adsense.
- YouTube (Well Kept Wallet Channel): $7.34
- YouTube (SEO Channel): $9.05
- Other Sites: $300
- My courses: $147 – How to Save $250/month Mini Course & Debt Free in 18 Months
- Freelance Writing: $375 – I write for various personal finance sites and get paid per article.
When I started recording these income reports in February of 2016, I made $942. I can’t believe that it has grown this much in just one year!
Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing (Update)
I finished the course and it was a game-changer! As a result, my affiliate income is up significantly. This month it was almost half of my online income.
For those of you not familiar with the course, Michelle shares how she makes over $50,000 a month in affiliate income through her blog. In fact, last month she made over $100,000 online most of which was affiliate income. She definitely knows what she is doing. If you’re interested in learning how to make some extra income online, click here to check out Michelle’s course.
Facebook ads are getting better
In December, I hired Monica Louie who is teaching me to master Facebook Ads and she is awesome to work with. We have worked on several successful campaigns together now, and we have gotten as low as 2 cents per click (CPC)! As you can see, the investment in Facebook Ads over the past couple of months has significantly increased my revenue. If you want help when it comes to Facebook Ads, definitely reach out to Monica by clicking here.
Here are Some of my Previous Income Reports
- February 2016 – $940.41 – First month of reporting my online income.
- July 2016 – $1,330.87 – I made much more than I usually on the two other sites that I own.
- September 2016 – $1,985.73 – I had my first native advertising opportunity in a while.
- October 2016 – $1,689.94 – I got a book deal but not in income report.
- November 2016 – $3,542.61 – Second highest income report ever!
- December 2016 – $4,479.01 – Highest online income report ever!
Interested in Making Money Online?
The first step you need to take is to create your own website. The best part is that it is very affordable. You can get one going today for as little as $3.95 a month by clicking on this special offer here.
To help make the process even easier, I created a tutorial on how to start a blog (website) in less than ten minutes which will show you everything that you need to do in order to get your site up and running.
It was just over three years ago that I was able to quit my day job because I had a blog on the side. If you’re interested in making some extra money online with very little start-up costs, why not start a blog today and get the ball rolling? Start a blog now!
Did you make any extra income on the side last month? If so, please share what you did in the comments below!
Make Extra Cash Instantly with Survey Junkie
Taking surveys in your spare time can be a great way to earn some extra dough fast. Check out Survey Junkie which will pay you instantly with cash via Paypal.