When my wife Kim and I got married we decided to combine our finances and realized that we had $52,000 in non-mortgage debt. It included student loans, credit cards and even a car loan. We decided that we needed to make a change and we set a goal to pay it off in 18 months. Well, we hit our goal! Since then our story of how we paid off $52,000 in debt in 18 months was featured in the US News and World Report and Fox News and we were so grateful for those opportunities. To give you a better understanding of our story check out this video from Fox and Friends:
Since doing these interviews I have been getting a ton of emails from people wondering where to get started. In response to this, I made this page to help you to figure out where to get started when it comes to having a Well Kept Wallet:
1. Subscribe to the Well Kept Wallet newsletter
- Subscribe today to stay up to date and get exclusive content via email.
2. Get out of debt
- Check out my online class. I created a class called Debt Free in 18 Months to give you the tools and resources to get out of debt in a short period of time. It is an online class that is available 24/7 once you register.
- Want one on one help with your finances? As a Financial Expert, I can coach you on how to get out of debt and help you achieve your financial goals in life no matter where you live. Check out my Financial Coaching page for more details.
3. Take your business to the next level
- As a business owner myself, I know what it takes to run and operate a business. I offer business coaching services that include, but are not limited to: Search Engine Optimization, Cost Cutting Analysis & Efficiency Analysis.
4. Tune in to my podcast
- I quit my job as a Financial Planner to work for myself full time. Because of this, I launched a podcast where I interview successful people who love what what they do for a living. The goal is to help you show you how many people have quit jobs that they didn’t enjoy to do do what they love. If this is of interest to you, check out the podcast today!
4. Connect through Social Media
5. Read some of the most popular posts:
6. Forms that we used to get out of debt
- You will find the Financial Game Plan & Debt Elimination form as well as others on our resources page.
7. Ask a financial question
- Click on the Ask Deacon tab as I would be glad to answer it.