Great ideas and quality products are essential steps in building a sustainable, thriving business. But the work doesn’t stop there. Building connections, strategizing on how to monetize your business, keeping your sponsors happy and coming up with hit marketing methods are also important steps, and these are the topics we’ll cover today.
Our guest for this episode is Pete Sveen, entrepreneur, podcaster and the founder of “DIY Projects with Pete.”
Here are some things you’ll learn in this episode
- How his love of inspiring and teaching others enabled him to come up with his projects, namely the DIY projects.
- The things he did differently and how he used his background in internet marketing to create free content and drive traffic to his website.
- How he scored the opportunity to post an article on artofmaniliness.com through connections and how it increased his website traffic and conversions.
- Why Pete love what he does, including being a recreational pilot in his spare time.
- How he picks his projects and the avenues he uses for monetization.
- Finding sponsorship’s for videos and keeping sponsors happy through proper placement of ads.
- The role his dad and his college professor played to get him to where he is today.
- Books he recommends and tips in searching for a job you love.
Quotes that Pete mentioned in this interview
“I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.” – Pablo Picasso
“For anybody out there who is looking to take that next step and to try out new projects, just do it!”
“There will be ups and downs, it’s going to be a roller coaster ride but it’s going to be a journey that you are going to enjoy and you won’t ever say ‘Gosh, I wish I did that’, because you did.”
“Take your time and once you figure out the things you are consistent and persistent with, if it doesn’t work for six months, keep trying.”
“Just plug away and work hard because good things will happen eventually.”