Our guest for today began his career as a financial advisor in 1991. He left the world’s largest private bank in 2003 and became the co-founder of WWK Wealth Advisors. His mission is to help people make smart financial decisions and achieve the balance between living well today without sacrificing their tomorrow.
For this episode, we’ll hear from the Retirement Answer Man himself, Roger Whitney.
Highlights from this episode
• Finding the balance between living well today without sacrificing your future and the things you should think about when you are figuring out your retirement plan.
• Roger’s definition of retirement, why you should do what you love now rather than wait for later, how you should approach retirement and strategies you should use to prepare for it depending on your age range.
• The options, decisions and steps you need to consider in order to build your cash flow.
• Developing a mindset of treating your life as a business and the things that a regular 9-to-5 person can do to influence his/her cash flow positively.
• How to manage your emotions when you are investing.
• Practical tips on how you can track and manage your progress as you plan out your finances, the general rule of thumb on how much in emergency funds you should have and the common mistakes people make that causes them to fail to build a good financial future..
Quotes from Roger
“It’s less thinking about retirement and more how to organize your life so you can have balance in living well today without sacrificing that tomorrow.”
“If you think of your life more as a journey rather than a “March-up-Camel’s-Back” to get to retirement, you can have more balance in your life and enjoy a little bit more now within reason.”
“Whether you’re 60, 30, 20 years old, you need to think of your life as a business.”
“The key to making smart financial decisions isn’t figuring out retirement 5, 10, 20 years from now because your life is going to change in so many ways.”