Shopping for shoes from the comfort of your home can save you time and money. Not only will you keep more cash in your pocket, but you’ll also have a better selection than what you’ll find at most brick-and-mortar shoe stores
If you sign up for cash-back shopping services, you can even earn a little money on your purchases.
Table of Contents
Where to Buy Discounted Shoes Online
To make buying discount shoes online easy and stress-free, here are the 11 best places to look.
Amazon makes the top of the list because it has reasonable prices on everything. If you’re one of the more than 90 million Amazon Prime members in the U.S., you’ll enjoy free two-day shipping, too.
Whether you’re looking for low prices on brands big or small, you’ll find something here. You can easily compare Adidas and Under Armor to Sorel and Skechers and get the features you want.
To make finding discount shoes on Amazon easy, shop the “Shoe Discount Warehouse” and “Shoes Under $25” section of the website.
- Free two-day shipping if you’re a Prime member
- 30-day return policy for easy refunds
- Variety of price points
- Lots of brands and styles
- Big marketplace can be overwhelming
- Different return policies if item not sold and shipped by Amazon.com
Clearance sales and discount prices are where it’s at when shopping DSW. It has a decent selection of shoes in-store but its online shop has even more to choose from.
At Designer Shoe Warehouse, or DSW, you’ll find footwear for all activities, including walking, running, basketball, dancing, work and hitting the town.
Its name-brand selection tends to be higher in price, but they always have sales and clearance shoes to pick from.
- Massive selection of the biggest brand names
- Clearance section offers deep discounts
- Rewards members get free shipping
- Free exchanges within 60 days
- Not as many deals as some other sites
- Can’t exchange purchases by mail
With a wide selection of shoes for every budget, Zappos has something for everyone. Its easy-to-use search options make finding shoes easy. There are specialized categories like running, diabetic-approved and eco-friendly, and each item has multiple photos to show you the shoe from all angles.
Zappos is also an excellent place to read reviews that can help you select the right shoe for you. Pay attention to pricing because some styles have different prices for different colors, even if they’re the same brand.
There’s a generous return policy that lets you return your shoes for a full refund up to 365 days after purchase. That’s a whole year! It gives you plenty of time to try on the footwear in the comfort of your own home, and return them for free if you don’t love your shoes.
Probably the best thing about Zappos is you never pay for shipping, even on returns.
- Large selection
- Multiple photo angles
- Free shipping
- Full refund if returned within 365 days
- Never offers coupons
- Pricing can vary for different colors of the same style shoe
Though most notable for its big selection of home goods, Overstock.com also has great prices on shoes for men, women, kids and every age in-between. It has a lot of designer brands to pick from and budget-friendly choices, too.
Saving on shipping is easy since orders for $50 or less ship for $2.95; orders over $50 have free shipping. Women especially can save big because most of the footwear for women is less than $30.
Overstock’s selection and sales change daily, and that makes shopping fun because there’s always something new to find on the site.
- Only $2.95 for shipping every day
- Free shipping on orders over $50
- 30-day return policy
- Partial refund for returns over 30 days
- Varying return policy from marketplace sellers
If you didn’t already know, 6pm.com is the outlet store for Zappos. It carries a little bit of everything, and it usually has a lower price than what you can find at other online retailers.
Sales on Ugg and Hunter boots are typical, and 6pm.com frequently offer coupons to save you an additional 10% or 15% on your total purchase.
You’ll want to check the site often because its deal of the day can save you up to 70% off the shoe’s already low price. And their clearance section has a vast selection of brands, so you can always find a discount on a super pair of shoes.
- Discounts of up to 70% off
- Numerous brand names to choose from
- Frequent coupons to save more
- Return shipping is not free
- Doesn’t offer exchanges
- No reviews on shoes they sell
If you’re looking for specialty shoes, Shoes.com has a nice selection of eco-friendly, vegan and diabetic-friendly shoes available
Returns are hassle-free and can be done within 60 days. Plus, the company will send you a prepaid shipping label, so you don’t pay return postage.
The variety includes designer brands and a decent selection for work, play and casual shoes. Shoppers looking for a great place to buy sneakers and outdoor footwear online will find a fantastic number of options here.
- Free shipping on purchases and returns
- Great for sneakers and outdoor footwear
- Eco-friendly, vegan and other specialty options available
- Doesn’t ship to PO Boxes or APO/FPO
7. Gotham City Online
Based in New York City but sharing its amazing discount shoes online, Gotham City Online has an outstanding selection. You can find the latest trends and get serious discounts of up to 85% off thousands of different shoes here.
You can feel good about buying shoes at Gotham City, too, because they donate a significant amount of money to charity each year.
With obvious deals on a wide range of affordable shoe styles, you’ll find the perfect pair of shoes for men and women at sale prices every day. But if you’re shopping for discount kids’ shoes online, you’ll need to look elsewhere.
- Fantastic selection of well-known brands
- Can return up to 90 days after purchase
- Excellent customer service
- No kids’ shoes
- You pay for return shipping
8. Foot Locker
As one of the best places to buy discount athletic shoes online, Foot Locker has deals on everything for running, soccer, tennis, general exercise and even cheerleading. What you won’t see is anything unrelated to sports
Foot Locker makes it easy to find the right fit if you have specific needs, such as motion control and stability. You can use filters to narrow down your choices. They offer free shipping on orders of $75 or more, and returning can quickly be done in-store or by mail.
For bigger savings, sign up for their newsletter to get discounts and coupons sent right to your inbox.
- Best selection of athletic shoes
- Can return or exchange in-store or online
- Orders must be for $75 or more to get free shipping
- “SmartLabel” fees charged for returns
With free shipping and exchanges, you can’t go wrong with Onlineshoes.com. Plus, there’s a 365-day unconditional return policy that makes refunds and exchanges a breeze.
There are dozens of different shoe styles to choose from for men, women and children at discount prices. You’ll find brand names at a variety of costs to fit your budget, including work boots, running shoes, sandals and boots.
The site features daily deals and low prices every day, making it an excellent place to buy discount shoes online.
- Free shipping on purchases
- Free return shipping
- No returns accepted beyond 45 days
- Doesn’t offer product exchanges
10. Famous Footwear
Offering some of the best value when it comes to discount shoes online, Famous Footwear has low prices. It’s a great place to buy shoes, boots and sandals for up to 50% off every day. Plus, there are additional sales and discounts to save even more.
If you sign up for the rewards program, you’ll get access to exclusive offers and free shipping.
Famous Footwear has a fabulous selection for men, women and kids. The range of children’s shoes isn’t as extensive as what you’ll find on 6pm.com, but you’ll find a decent choice of infant and toddler sizes here.
- Return in-store or by mail
- Rewards program for exclusive discounts
- Exchanges not available by mail
- Must pay for return shipping
- Limited children’s shoes selection
Though the selection isn’t large, you’ll save serious cash with deep discounts on shoes at Zulily. The styles can sell out fast, so don’t hesitate to buy if you see something you love.
You won’t find free shipping here, but you can qualify for free shipping on subsequent orders after you place an order with paid shipping. Just note that the time period when you can add on an additional order for free shipping is limited. If you wait too long, you’ll have to pay to ship your purchase.
If you’re in a hurry to get your shoes, Zulily isn’t the best option. Orders frequently take two to three weeks to arrive on your doorstep, and that can seem like an eternity when you’re used to next-day shipping.
- Qualifying additional orders ship free
- Deep discounts on shoes
- Smaller selection
- Long shipping times
Tips Before you Buy Discount Shoes Online
When you shop for shoes online, you’ll quickly realize how much lower the prices are, compared to local stores. Even though you can’t try the shoes on first, buying shoes online is a pleasant experience for many consumers.
“It is the only way that I’ve bought my shoes over the past 15 years,” says Carol Gee, an author in Atlanta. She looks for sales that are at least 35% off the regular price. “That is when I pounce if I see something I have to have,” she says.
To have more confidence when buying shoes from home, here are the best tips:
- Shipping. If you can score free shipping and a great shoe price, that’s the ultimate combination. But some stores will give you free shipping only when you hit a minimum purchasing requirement. Make sure you know the shipping costs before spending too much time browsing the site.
- Returns. Your life is busy and sometimes it’s tough to meet a 30-day return window if you don’t like the shoes you ordered. Look for a store that offers you at least 60 days to save yourself some stress.
- Pricing deals. Comparing prices from different sites is easy when you’re shopping online. And there are tons of options for discount, clearance and coupon savings, especially if you sign up for the company’s email newsletter. Save even more by using a coupon app.
- Search options. A deep discount isn’t any good if you can’t find the shoe you want. Being able to filter by price, style, brand, size, width, heel height, color and more will help you find your perfect shoe faster.
- Images. Since you can’t physically hold the shoe in your hand, find a retailer that has large enough images to see the details. Having multiple pictures from different angles and a zoom-in option can help you decide if you like the shoe or not.
- Don’t wait to try them on. When you get the shoes, try them on right away without removing any of the labels. Even though some stores offer generous return policies — Zappos gives you 365 days! — if you miss the window to return the shoes, you may not get a full refund.
- Test them indoors. Before removing the labels or price tag, spend some time wearing your shoes inside. If you wear them outside, you risk damaging them, and that makes it impossible to return. Remember to walk around carefully, so you don’t accidentally remove the labels.
- Sell older shoes once you’ve used them. You’ve bought a great shoe, worn it for a while, and then feel it’s time to get rid of it so you can make room for a newer style. You don’t have to throw the shoes away. Try selling your used shoes, either online or in person.
Buying shoes online is a quick and easy way to save big. Amazon is probably the go-to choice because it has a huge variety of items for sale, but the best overall experience for online shoe shopping is Zappos.
With Zappos, you get free shipping on a fantastic selection of discount shoes, with lots of images and information about the shoes. Plus, the return shipping is free and you have 365 days to return your shoes if you decide they’re not a good fit.
Really, you can’t go wrong shopping at any of these stores. They all offer super discounts and have brand names and styles that fit every budget.
And remember, if you register for the store’s newsletter, you’ll save even more money with exclusive discounts, promotions and coupons delivered to your inbox.
Have you had a good experience buying shoes online? Let us know about it on our Facebook page.